Round Rock Presbyterian Church is seeking applicants for a Youth Ministry Director. The Youth Ministry Director will oversee and provide leadership to the youth ministry at RRPC. The youth ministry at RRPC is comprised of approximately 25-30 students in 6th-12th grade. This is a part-time position with the expectation of 12-18 hours per week of ministry related activities (flexible work schedule).
Round Rock Presbyterian Church is searching for a Part-time Youth Ministry Director with the following qualifications:
- Outgoing and fun loving
- Passionate about teaching & guiding youth (6th – 12th grades)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff, members and parents as well as youth
- High Christian character, A love for Christ
- Basic understanding of the tenets of reformed faith
- Meaningful experience in Christian youth ministry
- Ability to plan and carry out various events
- Administrative and organization skills
The Director’s ministry will consist of the following:
- Plan, prepare and administer Youth group activities, Bible lessons, and mission events on Sunday evenings (afternoons) for the purpose of fellowship, expanding faith and development of compassion and servanthood among the youth of RRPC.
- Promote and make possible Youth mission trips, retreats and involvement in youth conferences.
- Recruit, organize and assist volunteers for Youth events, activities.
- Organize and promote fund raising activities for Youth trips/mission work.
- Select the curriculum for educational lessons for youth group educational events and Sunday School.
- Promote Youth ministry programs on website, social media, email, newsletters and bulletins, or any other methods needed.
- Outreach to visitors and new members who may become involved in youth.
- Be present on Sunday mornings to shepherd and support youth and parents.
- Foster and support youth participation in various church wide activities such as VBS, the Christmas Pageant, and Fall Festival.
- Serve as staff liaison to Fellowship committee for the purpose of planning and implementing a quarterly fellowship event.
Salary: $20,000/year, non-exempt
Hours/week: Varies depending on time of year and activities, range about 12-18.
Reply with resume to email@example.com