Religious views on authorship can vary, but historically Moses has been seen as having written the Book of Job, which is dedicated to the exciting topic of suffering.
• It’s the story of a blameless and upright man who appears to be undeserving of the suffering he endured.
• Most people don’t have a problem with suffering when it happens to the unjust and the unrighteous.
• We aren't' too upset when someone who has done injustice receives justice.
• Yet when a righteous man suffers for doing right, we sometimes struggle with this reality.
• We have a problem with it because we see it as unjust and unfair;
It causes us to ask some big questions about the justice of God.
These will be the topics we discuss in this 5-session study of the Book of Job.
For more information, email Rick Seifert.